In celebration of an imminent reopening I wanted to review one of Fiji’s best resorts, the beautiful, luxurious and immensely popular Likuliku Lagoon Resort. So with all the wonderful resorts in Fiji what makes Likuliku Resort one of the best?
1. Exceptional accommodations with the Fiji Island’s only overwater bungalows. Plus my favorite deluxe beachfront bures with private pool and gorgeous ocean views. Amenities include a comfy king bed, luxurious bathroom with indoor and outdoor garden shower and Pure Fiji bath products, freshly baked cookies and mini fridge with beverages near the living area, generously sized beach bed on a wrap around furnished porch and more. All just steps from the sand and water’s edge… paradise!
2. Gourmet dining that will delight every foodie’s heart and stomach with breakfast, lunch and 5 course French inspired Polynesian influenced dinners included in the room rate. An extensive wine list adds to the experience and many guests linger for hours at their candlelit table with quiet music from handmade Fijian instruments playing softly in the background .
3. Ultra romantic adult only ambiance with private nooks and crannies near the beautiful 2 level horizon edge pool, flower strewn pathways, flickering Tiki torchesan
4. Sunsets and a very special place to enjoy them with toes in the sand and favorite beverage in hand at the sunset bar on the pier.
5. Watersports and activities with snorkeling, kayaks, sailboats and more free of charge. Guests can arrange a private sand spit picnic, island hop and visit Tom Hank’s Castaway, rent jet skis or go deep sea fishing. It’s all available and nearby.
All these features are important and add to an amazing vacation experience but what truly sets Fiji apart from Tahiti, Bora Bora, the Cook Islands, Caribbean and other tropical destinations are the Fijian people. And the staff at Likuliku is incredible. From the first warm welcome to the flowers petals on your bed and traditional good bye song as you leave this island paradise you will be treated like royalty. So plan some time to get away from it all and put Fiji on your honeymoon or anniversary wish list. It is a magical place you will never forget!