Sandals Whitehouse was a favorite all-inclusive resort for years, but things change and I’d heard some complaints so last week I flew to Jamaica to check out 10 resorts including all the Sandals Resorts. The verdict? Sandals Whitehouse, recently reopened as Sandals South Coast, is better than ever and gets my vote for best adult only all-inclusive and best Sandals Resort in Jamaica. But best is in the eye of the beholder and there are great Couples and Secrets Resorts in Jamaica as well, so what makes Sandals South Coast #1?
Here are 5 reasons I choose Sandals South Coast as the best adult only all inclusive resort in Jamaica –
1. The main pool at Sandals South Coast is stunning. It’s the size of a small lake, has a large swim up pool bar, underwater lounges, oversized jacuzzi and beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea. At night this pool becomes a shimmering centerpiece for the romantic Italian inspired piazza and glows with underwater lights and tiki torches. There’s a second oceanfront pool with swim up pool bar and jacuzzi and in between lies one of the largest heated jacuzzis in the Caribbean, Bottom line? Pool people have lots of choices all steps from the beach and ocean. That’s the best of both worlds and the best you’ll find at an adult only all-inclusive resort in Jamaica!
2. Beach beach beach. Did I mention the beach? The beach at Sandals South Coast is back and better than ever. The generous expanse of sand provides room to spread out and plenty of lounge chairs for sun worshippers and shade lovers alike. Walkers and joggers have more than a mile to stretch their legs and though the beach is not technically private, no one else has access so your barefoot strolls remain undisturbed. Negril has 7 mile beach but you’ll share it with dozens of resorts, kids, security guards and vendors so in my beach lovin’ opinion Sandals South Coast newly reclaimed beach takes best prize.
3. Tropical weather and bathtub warm water calls for lots of watersports and Sandals South Coast offers complimentary snorkel trips, a glass bottom boat, waterskiing, wakeboarding, stand up paddle boards, windsurfing, kayaks, sailing and scuba diving. Land sports also abound including tennis, squash, basketball, shuffleboard, ping pong, billiards and well equipped fitness center. All land and water sports are free and activities another “best in class” for Sandals South Coast.
4. But what about rooms? Sandals Whitehouse was known for 100% beachfront rooms and every room at the new Sandals South Coast is steps from the beach. So every guest can enjoy an ocean view and soothing sound of gentle waves from their private balcony or patio. The new resort adds beautifully remodeled club level rooms and butler suites where the decor is light and airy and feature walk in showers, soaking tubs, fully stocked in room bar, room service and other luxury amenities.
5. Dining is very important at any all-inclusive resort and Sandals South Coast has 9 restaurants. Whether you crave steak, sushi, seafood, Caribbean specialties, Italian, French, Asian or wood fired pizza you’ll find it and you always have the option to dine indoors in air conditioned comfort or outside in the balmy breeze. Only one restaurant at Sandals South Coast has a dress code and only one requires reservations so you can relax and enjoy an elegant or casual dining experience whenever you’d like. Dining at Sandals South Coast is truly dining your way.
Those are 5 reasons for choosing Sandals South Coast as the #1 adult only all-inclusive resort in Jamaica but there’s more!
- The service is excellent and every employee from gardener to front desk was unfailingly friendly on my recent visit. Chefs came out to greet us, servers burst into song over dessert and bartenders entertained with their usual flare. There is no shortage of fun at this resort.
- Sandals South Coast has amazing venues for destination weddings and groups. Weddings are free, the group program starts with as few as 5 rooms and with a brand new overwater bar and overwater chapel, acres of gardens, more than a mile of beach and indoor capacity to seat 350 this resort is one of the best choices anywhere for a destination wedding.
- The spa is fabulous and the sauna, steam, hot/cold plunge pools are free. Extra special treatments include a one hour couples massage followed by ½ hour soak in a flower filled tub for two. If you’re looking for the perfect honeymoon surprise or wedding gift check it out and don’t forget spa treatments and private candlelight dinners can be part of your honeymoon gift registry.
- Lush gardens overflow with exotic tropical flowers and walkways meander through greenery and along the sparkling sea so strolling the grounds at South Coast is a sensual pleasure. You’ll find couples hand in hand, lingering in a hammock and photographing peacocks and hummingbirds. Sandals South Coast is a place to relax, unwind and reconnect.
I’ve seen hundreds of all-inclusive resorts and in Jamaica like Couples Swept Away, Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and Secrets Wild Orchid, so what makes Sandals South Coast the best adult only all inclusive resort? Beach, pool, food, activities, service and more. Sandals South Coast hits on all cylinders, checks all the boxes and is the best overall choice for many of my clients.
So what do you need to know before booking a vacation or honeymoon at Sandals South Coast? If you have questions about prices and specials, weather, flights, room choices, off resort tours, scuba diving etc. please call or email and allow Totem Travel’s Sandals Specialists to assist. We’ve been to all the Sandals Resorts on all the islands, always guarantee the lowest price and are happy to help!