Earlier this month, all 3 Sandals Specialists at Totem Travel attended an annual training workshop because no matter how many times we’ve been to Sandals Resorts (and we go every year) we always learn something new! That’s because Sandals is constantly upgrading the resorts, renovating rooms and adding fresh, innovative ideas to make their signature couples only all inclusive resort experience the best in the business! So what’s new and exciting at Sandals this year?
- The top of that list would have to be the new Sandals Resort on the island of Grenada. Sandals La Source opens at the end of the year and will have 231 rooms within 3 villages: Italian, Pink Gin and Balinese, with 75 butler suites including Millionaire suites, Rondovals, and Skypool suites (photo above). The newest Sandals Resort will have nine Restaurants, 3 pools, state of the art fitness center and a Red Lane spa to create the most spectacular Sandals Resort yet!
- It’s hard to improve on Sandals Emerald Bay but Sandals has found a way to do it by adding a two-mile jogging trail around the Greg Norman designed championship golf course with 360 degree views of the Caribbean.
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian is uniquely situated on a peninsula, which affords guests the best of 2 worlds: views of the Caribbean Sea and views of the Atlantic Ocean. This year Sandals Grande St. Lucian has added a brand new Italian restaurant, “Toscanini’s” with indoor and outdoor seating.
- All Sandals Resorts in Jamaica now have room service and free WiFi in concierge and butler room categories plus free phone calls with Sandals new app for IPhone and Android cell phones!
- Sandals Grande Riviera added a beach club, fire pits and more restaurants last year and this year the villa section was converted to 100% butler service. Also hot off the press, the always popular and downright sexy Romeo and Juliet Sanctuaries with private pool were completely redone with waterfall feature over your own private pool, heated outdoor Jacuzzi perfect for skinny dipping, enclosed courtyard with outdoor shower and over the top bathroom. It is spectacular and we stayed in the suite just days after completion so check back for Linda’s post!
- Sandals Royal Caribbean added outdoor massage cabanas and a Caribbean style jerk shack on Sandals private island plus fire pits along the beach. And planned later this year is our favorite Cafe de Paris with espresso drinks and smoothies, pastries, crepes, ice cream and decadent chocolate treats. All included…. yum!!
In addition to enhancements at the resorts, the wedding department has made some additions too. Did you know that Sandals Beautiful Beginnings Weddings are free to couples booking just 6 nights in any room category? Prefer to have different flowers? Or a different cake style? No problem…..Sandals has listened and offers a $500 credit to customize your perfect wedding! And for a select time, Sandals is also extending a $500 Bonus Credit which can be used for room upgrades, off-resort excursions, spa services, etc.!
If you have dreamed of renewing your vows but didn’t quite know what to do….Sandals has the solution. The new ReTie the Knot program, with a dedicated staff, will arrange everything for you. The special ReTie the Knot package, at $300, includes flowers, cake, music, dinner with white glove service, breakfast in bed, and more! You will truly feel like this is your wedding day!
As a top Sandals Travel Agency we are asked every day which is your favorite or which is the best Sandals Resort and our answer is constantly changing. Every year Sandals updates the resort rooms and suites, adds restaurants, and looks for ways to enhance the guest experience. So when you’re ready to enjoy the best adult only all inclusive resort in the Caribbean check out the latest deals and specials and be prepared to be pampered! The Sandals Specialists at Totem Travel are available to answer all your questions so call, email or book on-line. We’re here to help!